FOR THE FRENCH TOAST:
- 1 loaf of day old french bread, cut into 2–3 inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
FOR THE ICING:
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 T butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3–4 T heavy cream
- Grease 9 x 13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, stir until creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk; whisk together well, then add to bowl with butter/sugar mixture; stir to combine.
- Add bread pieces to this mixture and toss to coat. Make sure that all pieces are evenly coated with the egg mixture.
- Spread into greased casserole dish, cover and let sit for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until top is slightly golden.
- While casserole is baking, prepare your icing by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Mixture will harden slightly, so microwave for 15-20 seconds right before serving. Drizzle onto casserole and serve immediately!