Chipotle Lime Chicken Quinoa Bowls
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 wooden or medal skewers
- 2 boneless, skineless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 T chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 T chipotle paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Zest and Juice of 1 lime
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 1/4 c hummus
- 1/2 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds and grilled or roasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- A few slices of red bell pepper
- 2 c shredded romaine
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- lime wedges, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Prepare marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken to bowl. and toss to coat. Cover and transfer to fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan and lightly coat with oil. Grill the zucchini slices for a few minutes on each side.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, and grill for 6-8 minutes each, turning halfway through.
- To assemble bowls, divide the quinoa into two bowls, followed by hummus, grilled zucchini, romaine, avocado, red pepper, chicken skewers. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.