- 3 T Olive oil
- 1 lb shredded chicken (or meat from Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (or 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced into half rounds
- 4 c chicken broth
- 12 oz jar red enchilada sauce (check label if you are GF)
- 3–4 c fresh spinach or kale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, diced red onion, avocado
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion, garlic, & chipotle paste; saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini & spinach/kale to pot and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, enchilada sauce, and spices, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice!