For the Salmon:
- 2–3 T avocado oil (could also use olive oil)
- 2– 5-6 oz salmon fillets
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
For the Avocado cucumber salsa:
- 1 large haas avocado, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, cubed
- juice of 1/2 lime, more to taste
- 2–3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- If you are making your own seasoning, add all spices to a bowl and toss together. Using your hands, press the seasoning mixture into the salmon until well covered.
- Heat avocado oil in your skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add salmon skin side down and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the fillets, reduce the heat to medium and cook another 3-4 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- To prepare the salsa, add all ingredients to a small bowl and toss to combine. Spoon over salmon and serve.