Bacon &Spinach Frittata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- A few large handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c gruyere and swiss shredded cheese blend (Trader Joe’s has a great blend)
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat your broiler.
- Combine eggs, milk and spices in a mixing bowl; whisk until creamy and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chopped bacon, onion, and garlic. Saute until bacon is cooked and onion is translucent.
- Throw in a few large handfuls of chopped fresh spinach, and cook until wilted.
- Reduce heat to medium, and pour egg mixture into skillet. Swirl the skillet to evenly distribute into the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle in the cheese and gently place tomatoes on top. Allow to cook on the stove top for another 5-6 minutes.
- Move skillet to broiler for 2-4 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Serve with a side of greens and fresh fruit.