Healthy and delicious Avocado Chicken Salad. Perfect for a light lunch or afternoon snack.
- 2 c shredded chicken (about 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
- 2 large ripe haas avocados (*see notes)
- 1/2 c mayo or greek yogurt
- 1/4 c red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1 1/2–2 limes
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scoop out the avocado into a medium sized mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until creamy but still has some chunks in it.
- Add salt, pepper, lime juice, chicken, red onion, jalepeno, mayo/greek yogurt, and cilantro to bowl of avocado and toss to combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, in a tortilla, on crackers, etc. Enjoy!!
*If you plan on making a big batch of this and eating throughout the week, wait to add the avocado until just before serving. The rest of the ingredients will last for up to 4 days in the fridge.