Alessandro’s Spicy Rigatoni
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 lb rigatoni, cooked per instructions on package
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage (bulk)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 poblano pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced into 2–3 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced into 2–3 inch strips
- 3–4 slices of jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 jar marinara (about 12 oz), more to taste
- 1/2 c grated parmesan, more for serving
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook rigatoni until al dente. Drain; set aside.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes, and italian seasoning, and cook another 4-6 minutes, until peppers are sightly tender and garlic fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add marinara and give it a stir. Adjust salt and pepper at this time.
- Add rigatoni to the skillet along with parmesan and toss to combine.
- Serve warm in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil and grated parmesan.