This whipped ricotta with rosemary honey is the perfect appetizer for any dinner party or gathering. It’s incredibly light, refreshing, and so easy to *whip* up. literally.
The key to the perfect whipped ricotta is whipping or blending at the very lowest speed! If you whip it too fast, it tends to get runny, so just keep a close eye on it.
We like to serve this whipped ricotta with grilled bread or crostini’s- it’s just SO good. It also pairs well with proscuitto or smoked salmon. Both are fantastic and you can’t go wrong!!
Another reason I love this dish for dinner parties or date nights is because it can be prepped ahead of time and simply stored in the fridge before serving. And it’s always a hit!!Print
Whipped Ricotta with Rosemary Honey
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- 1– 16 oz tub whole milk whipped ricotta
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped very finely
- 1/4 c honey
- Crostini’s or grilled bread for serving
- Also pairs well with: prosciutto, smoked salmon, fresh veggies
- combine chopped rosemary and honey in a small bowl; set aside for serving.
- Add ricotta, salt, and pepper to your stand mixer using whisk attachment OR to your blender. Whip on the lowest speed for 1-2 minutes, until whipped and smooth. *keep an eye on this and stop once its light and fluffy.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest, and spread onto serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil, and add more lemon zest on top if desired.
- Serve with rosemary honey and crostini’s. ENJOY!!