………Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas……….
New Fave Snack ALERT!
Crispy and delicious little nuggets, I tell ya.
You know those Sundays where you want to lounge around and do absolutely nothing productive all day? Well, I love those kinda days. I’m always goin’ goin’ goin’, and a gal needs to chill sometimes. It’s good for the soul.
These flavor loaded chickpeas came about on one of those days. I got the itch to make something but hadn’t been to the store yet, so I went to the pantry and two cans of chickpeas were straight up staring at me, so that was that. They are so easy to make, high in protein & fiber, and are the perfect grab-N- go kinda snack. I’ve also been adding them to salads, breakfast bowls, and soups. Alessandro actually requested I make these again next week, so I’ll take that as a win!
Turmeric Roasted Chickpeas
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2– 15 oz cans Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Chopped Parsley and Cilantro, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas with oil and spices, and spread evenly onto 15 x 10 baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10, until brown and crisp.
- Toss with parsley and cilantro before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze up to 2 months.
Make sure to pat dry before tossing with oil. This will help them become extra crispy!