This Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi Skillet is perfect for fall, only 5 ingredients and ready in just about 20 minutes. Filled with frozen sweet potato gnocchi, brussels sprouts, apple chicken sausage, garlic, and kale.
I truly am a huge huge huge fan of Trader Joe’s. Everything is great quality, the customer service is outstanding, the stores are clean and easy to maneuver around, and they are always coming out with new seasonal items which makes it so fun!
You never know what you’re going to find or leave with… Similar to target- you go for 2 things and leave with 20.
If you haven’t tried the frozen sweet potato gnocchi, now is the time! It’s packaged in a sage butter sauce that is SO delicious and goes with just about anything.
I personally love pairing it with Brussels sprouts, apple chicken sausage, and kale for a true fall flavored dish, but it really goes with anything!
Per usual, I wanted to keep this dish as simple as possible, so it only has 5 ingredients, however, you could absolutely jazz it up with whatever else you have on hand.
The FIVE Ingredients all from Trader Joe’s are:
- 1 bag of frozen sweet potato gnocchi
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1- 12 oz package of apple chicken sausage
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale
- 5 cloves garlic
Optional add-on’s could be: Grated parmesan, for serving, crisp bacon, garlic powder or any other spices you have!
I hope you absolutely love this dish and I hope even more it makes your weeknight dinners a breeze!!!Print
Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi Skillet (Only 5 Ingredients!)
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 bag of frozen sweet potato gnocchi with butter and sage
- 1– 12 oz package apple chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 lb brussles sprouts, ends removed and halved lengthwise
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3–4 Handfuls fresh kale, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan, for serving, optional
You’ll also need:
- 5–6 T olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Remove frozen gnocchi from the freezer and set to the side.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken sausage and cook for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add garlic and let cook another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Transfer to a plate on the side.
- Add another T or two or olive oil (as needed) and add Brussels sprouts to the skillet. Let cook undisturbed for 2 minutes or until bottom side is starting to char, flip and cook anther few minutes until charred and fork tender. Transfer to same plate on the side.
- Make gnocchi in the empty skillet, according to the directions on the package, adding 1 extra tablespoon water to make it a bit saucier.
- Add chicken sausage and brussels back to the skillet and give it a big (but gentle) toss. Add kale, stir it together, cover and cook until slightly wilted. Season all to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy!! Option to serve with grated parmesan.