This is truly the BEST Spicy Vodka Rigatoni Recipe out there. Perfect for all occasions- date night in, holidays with the family, entertaining friends, a cozy Friday night, etc.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This vodka sauce requires just a few pantry/fridge staples and you are all set!
- Pasta. I love Pipe Rigate with this recipe, but rigatoni works as well!
- Shallot. A lot of spicy vodka rigatoni recipes call for white onion, but I love the flavor of the shallots!
- Double concentrate tomato paste. Double concentrate is very important in this recipe, however, if you cannot find it, you can use a 6 oz can of regular tomato paste, and I would use less cream.
- Chopped Calabrian Chiles. These are the chiles I use and love them.
- Vodka. Any vodka that you would drink is perfect!
- Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Heavy cream.
- Grated parmesan. I always like to keep a block of parmesan around for recipes like this also so you can add fresh shavings when serving.
How to Make Spicy Rigatoni:
- First, we want to make the pasta sauce that is melt in your mouth delicious! Start by sautéing the shallots in olive oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Next, add in the double concentrated tomato paste, chopped Calabrian peppers, and garlic, and cook for another few minutes until the garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has deepened in color a bit.
- Pour in vodka and using the back of your spoon, deglaze the pan by scraping up all those brown bits on the bottom of your pan! This is where a lot of the flavor lives, so make sure to get as much as you can. Stir for another 45 seconds-1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, and gradually stir in heavy cream, butter, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta, pasta water as needed to adjust the sauce, and toss it all with parmesan.
- Serve in bowls with shaved parmesan and enjoy! Option to top with additional red pepper flakes for additional heat!
Why You’ll Love this Pasta Dish:
- If you love Carbone Spicy Vodka Rigatoni Pasta, you will love this dish! It’s decadent, creamy, spicy, and so satisfying.
- EASY yet fancy. This dish just feels special and is always fun to serve at holiday gatherings, dinner parties, for friends, or date night in.
- DELICIOUS. Mouth watering good, this vodka pasta is sure to be your new favorite! It’s ultra flavorful, and absolutely amazing.
Other Pasta Recipes To Try!
This Rigatoni Vodka is a must try, but here are a few others when you are in a pasta mood!
- Ricotta and zucchini giant stuffed shells
- Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Slowly Braised Short Rib Ragu Recipe
- Sausage and bell pepper tortellini bake
The Best Spicy Vodka Rigatoni
This is truly the best Spicy Vodka Rigatoni recipe and perfect for special occasions. This is a dish that will WOW your friends, spouse, family, and you will make it over and over again!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 lb pasta (I like pipe rigate)
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 shallots)
- 5 Tablespoons double concentrated tomato paste (I use Mutti brand)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Calabrian Chiles in oil(I use the jarred kind- you can always use less or more depending on heat preference)
- 7 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 T)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 tsp EACH italian seasoning and garlic powder
- 1 1/2– 2 cups heavy cream (this is preference! Start with less and you can always add more)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan plus shavings for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta per instructions on package. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining and set aside. If pasta is finished before the sauce, toss cooked pasta with butter and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, shallots, and a pinch of salt and cook for 4 minutes
- Add the Calabrian chiles, tomato paste, and garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, letting the tomato paste brown on the bottom of the pan. You can always add a little more olive oil if needed.
- Add the vodka and then scrape the bottom of the pan with your spoon. cook for about a minute.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in italian seasoning and garlic powder and then gradually stir in heavy cream and butter.
- Adjust salt & pepper and simmer over low heat until sauce is thick and pasta is ready.
- Add pasta, reserved pasta water, and parmesan to the sauce and toss to combine until really creamy.
- Serve in bowls with fresh shaved parmesan and enjoy!!
*heavy cream- I like to use the full 2 cups here, but feel free to start with 1 1/2 cups and adjust to your personal taste.
*double concentrated tomato taste- the double concentrate tomato paste adds a bold rich flavor, however if you cannot find it you can use a 6 oz can of regular tomato paste but I would use less cream and add to taste.