I can officially say I have mastered The Best Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Rich & creamy, buttery, easy to make, and always a crowd favorite!
Mashed potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They pair well with so many things and are a recipe everyone must keep in their back pocket.
From a juicy steak to roasted chicken to flaky salmon, mashed potatoes are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. These are by far the Easiest and Creamiest potatoes I’ve ever made and the best part is it’s all done in your pressure cooker.
These would also make for the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving spread. Pour some Turkey Gravy on top and wow- heaven on earth.
Peeling and chopping then boiling the potatoes can often times feel like a chore, which is why this recipe just has you peel the potatoes and then boil them whole in your pressure cooker.
This is such a hands off recipe which is much needed when trying to get other things prepped and ready for dinner, thanksgiving, holiday parties, etc.
Do I have to peel the potatoes before adding to pressure cooker?
No! In fact, the first few times I made this recipe I did so with the peels on, and they were amazing! I know most people prefer to peel their potatoes so I wrote the recipe as such, but feel free to toss those potatoes in the pressure cooker with peels on and all! The peels add a nice texture if you ask me.
Can I use a different kind of potato other than Yukon Gold?
By all means! Russet potatoes work really well in this recipe also.
What if I can’t find Mascarpone Cheese?
Most grocery stores carry mascarpone cheese, however, if you are unable to find it, cream cheese is a similar substitute. You can also make these using greek yogurt for a lighter touch, however, it won’t be as rich and creamy.
Pair these potatoes with Pan seared Salmon, Green Beans, a juicy steak, Thanksgiving Turkey, Roasted Chicken, Pork tenderloin, and so much more! Hope you love them!!
If you make and love these potatoes, I would be so very grateful for a review below! Or you can always share on Instagram @tippsinthekitch
The Best Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled (about 7–8 potatoes)
- 6–8 cups water (enough to fully submerge potatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 T butter
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (can sub cream cheese)
- 1/2 c half and half or whole milk, more as needed
- 1 1/2– 2 tsp salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, for serving
- Add peeled potatoes, water, and about 1/4 tsp salt to pressure cooker, making sure the potatoes are completely submerged in water. Secure lid, set valve to “sealing” and cook high pressure for 14 minutes.
- When potatoes are done cooking, carefully move valve to “Venting” and release all pressure. Drain all of the water and add potatoes back to the pot.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, butter, mascarpone cheese, and half and half. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh chives and cracked pepper; serve warm.