This is The Best Autumn Quinoa Salad! It’s wholesome, healthy, delicious, and absolutely perfect for Fall.
Great served as a meal or a side dish! It’s packed with roasted butternut squash, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, red onion, parsley, and fresh lemon juice. Simple and tasty!
A local coffee shop here in Dallas, White Rock Coffee, inspired me to make this dish. I absolutely love their pre-made lunch boxes when in a rush and the one they serve in the Fall has chicken salad alongside an autumn quinoa salad and YUM.
One bite and I immediately knew it needed to be re-created for the blog. Not only so I could make a big batch and enjoy at home, but also so I could share the goodness with you all!
If you are looking for a meatless meal, I love making this Simple Autumn Quinoa Salad and eating for lunch throughout the week. It’s also delicious alongside grilled chicken, or salmon.Print
The Best Autumn Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 12 oz butternut squash, cubed (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked tri-color quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Salt + cracked pepper, to taste
- Arugula, for serving, optional
- 3 T olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T minced shallot
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon Mustard, more to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line Sheetpan with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss cubed butternut squash with 2-3 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender and lightly golden.
- While squash is roasting, add quinoa, water, and 1/4 tsp salt to a saucepan on the stove. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until cooked and liquid has been absorbed.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl or mason jar; whisk or shake to combine. Drizzle a little bit of dressing into warm quinoa and toss to combine.
- To assemble, combine roasted butternut squash, cooked quinoa, cranberries, parsley, red onion, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Add more dressing as desired and toss to coat (I like to save some dressing to serve with the leftovers).
- If you are serving with arugula, toss in just before serving so it doesn’t wilt.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.