NEW and outrageously good– Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Perfect for a light lunch, dinner, or appetizer for friends. It’s bursting with amazing flavor and truly so easy.
One of the most popular recipes on my blog the last few years has consistently been the Thai Basil Chicken. It’s just a good go-to to have in your back pocket and loved by SO many! It’s easy, loaded with delicious flavor, healthy, and seriously delicious. So, today, I decided to put a little twist on the good ole classic, and I promise you are going to LOVE.
I’m loving these Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps so much because they are the perfect low-carb lunch, dinner, or appetizer. Honestly they are wayyyyyy better than any lettuce wrap I’ve ordered at a restaurant if I can say so myself. Best part? The chicken mixture can 100% be made ahead of time. Once it has cooled, simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, and re-heat when you are ready to enjoy.Print
Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 3–4 T avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 10 Thai Basil leaves, roughly torn (can sub any fresh basil)
- Butter Lettuce, for serving
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Cilantro, for serving
For the Sauce:
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1/4 c coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sherry (can sub rice vinegar)
- 1 T honey
- 1 T chili garlic sauce
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger (or ginger paste)
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Prepare bell peppers and shallots in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon until fully cooked through. Transfer to a bowl on the side.
- Re-heat wok or skillet, add more oil if needed. Add bell peppers and shallots, and cook 4-6 minutes until peppers are soft and slightly charred. Now add sauce, 2 green onions, chicken, and fresh basil to skillet, toss to combine and cook another few minutes until basil is wilted.
- Spoon into lettuce cups, top with remaining green onion and cilantro, and enjoy!!