This Texas Bibb Salad is one of my most favorite salads of all time and I know you are going to LOVE it. Filled with Bibb lettuce, avocado, hearts of palm, tomatoes, crispy bacon, green onion, and goat cheese- all tossed in a simple shallot red wine vinaigrette.
I absolutely cannot take all the credit for this creation as it’s a rendition of the Texas Bibb salad from Fireside Pie’s restaurant here in Dallas. I have loved this salad forever and am so excited to finally be getting my own version on the blog! It’s the perfect salad to serve with pizza, pasta, grilled chicken, shrimp, etc.
Would be great to serve friends at your next gathering, as well! Just make sure to assemble and dress just before serving so it doesn’t get too soggy. You can have the dressing and all the ingredients prepped and ready to go, just wait to toss it all together until you are ready to serve.
I hope you absolutely love it!Print
Texas Bibb Salad
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the salad:
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, also known as butter lettuce, roughly chopped
- 7–8 slices bacon, cooked til crispy and chopped
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1– 15 oz can hearts of palm, sliced into half rounds
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz fresh goat cheese, roughly torn into pieces
- 1 avocado, cubed
For the Shallot Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 3 T)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and cracked pepper, to taste