Tonight is the night: the night to whip up the easiest and most delicious Crispy Beef Tostadas of your life. Better than than any Mexican restaurant and can be totally customized to your liking. It just doesn’t get much better. And plus, today is #tacotuesday so why wouldn’t you want to casually celebrate the invention of crispy beef tostadas?
I don’t eat refried beans too often, but when I do, man oh man do I love them. They add the perfect amount of creaminess to these otherwise crispy tostadas.
My dad was in town this past weekend, and naturally we ate Mexican food 2 out of 3 meals. It’s just what we do. And here I am again two days later doin’ it alllll over again. I’m not mad about it. Not mad at all.
These Tostadas would be perfect for entertaining because you can prep the meat and tostada shells ahead of time and set up an easy peasy assembly line for your guests!
These Crispy Beef Tostadas are quick and easy and perfect for those busy weeknights!
FOR THE TACO MEAT:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lime
FOR THE TOSTADAS
- 8 tostada shells (or corn tortillas if making your own)
- 1– 15 oz can refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Golden tomatoes
- Lime wedges
- Queso Fresco
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Once oil is hot, and add onion and garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and cook, breaking up until fully cooked and no longer pink. Drain excess grease and add spices and lime. Stir to combine and set aside.
- To make the tostada shells- pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray tortillas on both sides with cooking spray and place onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and light brown.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of beans onto each tostada followed by ground beef and desired toppings.