Getting in the breakfast making routine can be tough, but it’s SO worth it! This Whole 30 Breakfast Skillet for One is my new favorite because it’s easy to put together and also super healthy allowing me to start my day off with a bang.
I made this for one because often times Alessandro is out the door before I make breakfast, however, this recipe is super easy to double!
Simply start by dicing your sweet potato and onion so you can get that cookin’. Next, chop up some garlic and toss it in along with your broccolini and spices. Cover and cook for a few minutes to let those veggies soften up a bit. We are getting close– now just make a little hole in the sweet potato mixture, crack in your egg and let that baby cook. Once the egg whites are set, garnish with avocado and jalepeno and dig right in! I could seriously eat this every morning. It’s also Whole 30 Approved which is always amazing!
Have a wonderful Friday!!!Print
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 3 pieces of broccolini
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp favorite spice blend (I used Gaby’s Go To Blend from Williams Sonoma)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado and jalepeno, for serving
- Heat oil in a medium sized cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion and sweet potatoes; cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccolini, garlic, and spices, stir together, cover and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Make a little hole in the sweet potato mixture with your spoon and drizzle in a small amount of oil just to keep the egg from sticking.
- Crack in the egg and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeños and avocado and dig in!