Sweet Potato Breakfast hash is one of my all time favorite things to make ahead and eat for breakfast throughout the week. It’s SO nice waking up and having a healthy and delicious breakfast waiting for you. Simply roast the cubed potatoes with onion, bell pepper, and spices, and either serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you are prepping ahead, just re-heat the sweet potato mixture and fry up an egg and you’ll be ready to roll! I like serving with fresh cilantro, jalepeno’s, and a side of salsa, however, its also super delicious with Frank’s Buffalo Sauce or any other hot sauce of choice.
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Fried Egg, for serving
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and spices so that all pieces are evenly coated. Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes, until a fork inserts into the potatoes easily.
- Serve with a fried egg, fresh cilantro, jalepenos, and a side of salsa.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.