Today I’m sharing the BEST Summer Gazpacho Recipe with you all. It’s light, refreshing, easy, and healthy. Gosh, I just love Gazpacho so much.
For those that aren’t familiar, Gazpacho is a cold tomato soup that originated in Spain.
It’s filled with all fresh ingredients and is intended to be served cold which is perfect for warm summer days.
Loaded with fresh summer tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, shallot, and a few other things. Simply throw it all in your blender or food processor and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
After that, toss it in the fridge to chill and patiently wait for it…
I have so many great memories eating Gazpacho growing up. My sister and I would go golfing with my dad on occasion and always eat it afterwards.
We just loved it, which is a funny thing for kids to love now that I think about it..
This Summer Gazpacho Recipe is perfect for entertaining family or friends. It’s great because since it’s intended to be served cold, it has to be prepped ahead of time, which means less stress when your guests arrive!
Gazpacho can absolutely be served as is, however, I like to add a few additional garnishes when serving….
A drizzle of olive oil, freshly cracked pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, fresh herbs, sliced bell pepper, alongside some toasted bread (Alessandro’s favorite).
I hope you love it!!!!Print
Summer Gazpacho Recipe
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4–5 1x
- 2 lbs tomatoes on the vine, quartered and seeds removed (about 7 medium sized tomatoes)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1 small hothouse cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3–4 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 small lime, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes: drizzle of olive oil, cracked pepper, tomatoes, cucumber slices, fresh herbs, toasted bread, etc.
- Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency. I like to leave a little bit of texture, but if you prefer it to be smooth, keep blending!
- Transfer to the fridge to chill for 3-4 hours. Serve in bowls with garnishes of choice.