- 8 oz Pappardalle pasta
- 6 T Butter
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 2 large ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c Parmesan cheese + some for topping
- 1/4 c torn basil leaves, more for garnish
- Squeeze of fresh lemon & lemon wedges for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. Drain, toss with 1 T olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add butter and let melt. Add corn, shallots, and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once corn is tender, add crab, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook another few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in the white wine to de-glaze the pan, and simmer until half of the liquid has reduced.
- Add pasta, parmesan, squeeze of lemon and fresh basil; toss to combine.
- Serve in warm pasta bowls with fresh basil, lemon wedges, a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly cracked pepper.