Say hello to your midsummer night’s dream: Creamy Corn & Crab Pappardalle in White Wine Butter Sauce.
I love how incredibly fast & fresh this pasta dish is. It can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and is perfect for busy weeknight’s or cozy Sunday night in. It’s loaded with fresh crab meat & corn and is tossed in a super light and creamy white wine butter sauce. If that doesn’t intrigue you, I’m not sure what will.
It’s the perfect dish to send the summer off with a bang, and would be fab for entertaining. It’s quick and easy and is made in just ONE pan, so perfect for group dinners. The recipe doubles easily and is delicious served with mixed greens and a crisp white wine.
Happy Summer, my friends!!Print
Creamy Corn & Crab Pappardalle in White Wine Butter Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 3–4 1x
- 8 oz Pappardalle pasta
- 6 T Butter
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 2 large ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c Parmesan cheese + some for topping
- 1/4 c torn basil leaves, more for garnish
- Squeeze of fresh lemon & lemon wedges for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. Drain, toss with 1 T olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add butter and let melt. Add corn, shallots, and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once corn is tender, add crab, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook another few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in the white wine to de-glaze the pan, and simmer until half of the liquid has reduced.
- Add pasta, parmesan, squeeze of lemon and fresh basil; toss to combine.
- Serve in warm pasta bowls with fresh basil, lemon wedges, a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly cracked pepper.