Star Spangled Rice Crispy Treats
- Yield: 18 rice crispy stars 1x
- 6 T butter
- 1 large bag of miniature marshmallows
- 5–6 c rice crispy cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate baking pieces
- 3 oz red, white, and blue sprinkles
- star shaped cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add in marshmallows and cook; stirring continuously until all marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in rice crispy cereal and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Spread evenly onto parchment paper and let cool just a few minutes.
- Cut into stars and let cool another 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip one side of each star into the chocolate, return to the parchment paper, cover with sprinkles and let cool.