Spicy Watermelon Beet Salad with Avocado and Citrus Vinaigrette- incredibly refreshing, juicy, delicious, and so simple.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This easy watermelon beet salad is made with simple, wholesome, fresh ingredients.
- Red onion.
- Feta cheese.
- Organic microgreens.
- Olive oil.
- Orange juice.
- Champagne vinegar.
- Dijon mustard.
- Salt + Pepper.
This quick and easy watermelon beet salad is perfect for summertime entertaining. It comes together effortlessly in just about 15-20 minutes and pairs well with so many things. It’s also a very beautiful presentation that will totally wow your guests, but trust me, no one will ever know how easy it really is!
What to Pair with this Spicy Watermelon Beet Salad with Avocado and Citrus Vinaigrette:
This salad would pair really nicely alongside cedar plank salmon, grilled chicken kebabs, grilled or pan-seared shrimp, a juicy steak, burgers, roasted chicken, the list could go on.
Can I prepare this salad ahead of time?
This salad is definitely best when assembled just before serving, however, there are a few things you can do to make it a little easier! You could prepare the citrus vinaigrette beforehand and store in a mason jar in the fridge so that part is complete. Then, you could have the watermelon diced up and beets ready to go (I buy mine pre-steamed and peeled so they are ready). This will all make assembly super easy!
If I can’t find beets pre-steamed and peeled, how do I cook them at home?
Jessica Gavin has a really informational blog post all about how to cook beets. I will link the blog post for you all here so you can check it out! Hope that helps!!
Here’s how you prepare this super simple summery salad recipe!
- Whisk up the citrus vinaigrette in a small bowl or mason jar until creamy, and set aside.
- Get out a serving platter of your choosing and then arrange cubed watermelon as the base layer, followed by beets, avocado, red onion, feta cheese, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper, and then just before serving add micro greens and drizzle with citrus vinaigrette.
OTHER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY!
- SUMMER PEACH SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND GOAT CHEESE
- CUCUMBER TOMATO ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD
- LITTLE GEM SALAD WITH RADISH AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 5 INGREDIENT PESTO TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD
As always, if you make this recipe, a comment and/or review below are SO greatly appreciated! It’s so very helpful for me and other readers. Thank you so much for the support! – LindsayPrint
Watermelon Beet and Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
This Watermelon Beet Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is refreshing, healthy, and so delicious. It’s the perfect summertime salad recipe!!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
For the Salad:
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 10 small steamed and peeled beets, quartered (about 1 ½ cups; I buy mine pre-steamed/peeled at Trader Joe’s in the refrigerated section)
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (feel free to omit if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/3 cup microgreens
- Salt + Pepper
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 T champagne vinegar
- 1 T honey
- ¾ tsp dijon mustard
- Salt + cracked pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, champagne vinegar, honey, Dijon Mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Arrange watermelon, beets, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, and feta onto a serving platter. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top with microgreens and drizzle with citrus vinaigrette just before serving. ENJOY!!
Keywords: Salad, salad recipe, summertime entertaining