What I would really like to name this dish is HOT DAMN LINGUINE, but I guess I’ll keep it simple and call it Spicy Tomato and Spinach Linguine.
This was a holy schnikes moment… random dinner turned amazing recipe! The best part about it is it’s so simple and fresh and is ready in less than 30 minutes. It doesn’t get much better.
I’m slowly but surely trying to get back in the groove and this recipe was just the ticket– got me SO excited to create more for you guys.
I started by sautéing cherry tomatoes in a hot oiled pan; the goal was to get them blistered and yummy. I then added in minced garlic, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, a little oil from the sun-dried tomato jar, and spices, and cooked a few more minutes.
Once the pasta was done cooking, I added it to the pan of tomatoes along with fresh spinach, basil, and parmesan. Tossed it together and Voila!
What protein would be good with this Spicy Tomato and Spinach Linguine?
Grilled Chicken or shrimp would be amazing additions! I also like to serve with a side salad. Either Kale Caesar or simple Arugula Salad dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and freshly cracked pepper. You can’t go wrong with simple!
Other easy pasta recipes to try!
- 5 ingredient chicken sausage and rainbow chard penne
- Instant Pot Bolognese
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Penne
Spicy Tomato and Spinach Linguine
Fast and Fresh Pasta dish that’s loaded with delicious flavors. We mix tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes with garlic, spinach, fresh basil, cheese, red pepper flakes, and pasta to create a literally mouthwatering dish!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 c cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes, chopped + 2 tsp oil from jar
- 3 c fresh spinach
- 1/3 c grated parmesan, more for serving
- 10 fresh basil leaves, rolled tightly and sliced into strips
- 8 oz linguine, cooked per instructions on package
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more for serving
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat.
- When oil is hot but not smoking, add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes; until they are cooked and slightly blistered. Gently stir every 30-40 seconds so the tomatoes don’t get stuck to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add in garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oil from sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; stir together and let simmer until pasta is done.
- Cook pasta per instructions on package; strain and set aside.
- Add spinach, parmesan, cooked pasta, and fresh basil to the pan of tomatoes; toss it up until well combined.
- Serve in bowls and option to garnish with more parmesan and red pepper flakes.