Who knew a bowl filled with so many colorful veggies could taste so good? And all that crunch…. Oh, how I love you.
Like I mentioned in my previous post, I decided to focus on vibrant, healthy, and fresh meals this week, and oh man, am I excited about the results.
Like this Spicy Shrimp Veggie Bowl with Peanut Vinaigrette…
I realize I say this all the time, but holy moly was it delicious. We (as in me) will definitely be making this again soon.
I think I had forgotten how some of the easiest meals to prepare are not only the prettiest, but super healthy too!
This bowl is so so simple and can be made in less than 30 minutes. The most time consuming part is chopping all of those yummy veggies. It takes less than 4 minutes to saute the shrimp, so you do the math!
I decided to make a really creamy and delicious peanut vinaigrette to drizzle on top of this bright and cheery bowl of goodness, and it’s just perfect. This dressing can definitely be made ahead and stored in a mason jar in the fridge.
Lastly, now that you’ve got me thinking about it, this would be perfect for a lunch meal prep. Just divide the shrimp and veggies among these Premium Glass Meal Prep Containers and call it a day!Print
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 2 T Ghee or Olive Oil
- 10–12 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 1/2 c shelled edamame
- 1/2 c shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 c honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 c cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
FOR THE PEANUT VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 T maple syrup
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 T water
- In a small bowl, allow shrimp to marinate in the spices for 15-20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a medium sized skillet. Once hot, add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp and veggies in 2 serving bowls. Drizzle with Peanut Sauce and serve.