This Spicy Cucumber Basil Gimlet is just what Friday called for!! So incredibly refreshing made with muddled cucumbers, basil, agave nectar, lime juice, gin, a touch of sriracha, and an egg white for the perfect froth.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS
This cocktail has been a long time favorite of mine, and I’m so happy to be sharing it with you today. It’s very simple but packed with flavor and oh so refreshing! My favorite part is the added touch of sriracha. A little heat and delicious flavor! You can add as little or as much as you’d like– I’ll leave that up to you. 🙂
I absolutely love using my Dexas ice•ology Clear Ice Cube Tray because it feels like I’m out on the town sipping on a delicious cocktail when in reality I’m in my pajamas on my back porch with a cocktail in hand. The best of both worlds really.
A few reasons why I love ice•ology:
- Ice-ology removes impurities and bubbles during the freezing process, resulting in crystal clear ice for your beverages (perfect “bar quality” ice at home- woo hoo!)
- The innovative iceology system contains two silicone molds that separate in the freezing process to separate the clear ice from impurities below
- Really simple to use! Just fill tray and silicone base molds with water. Lower cube molds into the water and freeze for 12 hours. Lift molds to remove ice and enjoy!
Do I have to add the egg white to the cocktail?
No, you absolutely do not! It is delicious without, however, it adds a smooth, silky, and slightly frothy texture. It does not altar the taste at all.
What is the easiest way to make this Spicy Cucumber Gimlet?
Grab a cocktail shaker if you have one (a large mason jar with a lid will work if not), and add the diced cucumber, basil, agave nectar, and lime. Then, using a muddler or large spoon, muddle the cucumber and basil really well. Pour in gin, sriracha, and egg white and give it a stir. Add lots of ice, put the lid on and shake, shake, shake it up! Strain the mixture into your cocktail glass, add an ice•ology Clear Ice Cube and garnish with more basil and cucumber.
SIP AWAY!! I hope you love this cocktail as much as I do!
THANK YOU AGAIN TO DEXAS FOR SPONSORING THIS POST!Print
Spicy Cucumber Basil Gimlet
- 4 inch piece of cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 5–6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2–3 tsp agave nectar or simple syrup, more or less to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 3–4 oz gin, to taste
- touch of sriracha
- 1 egg white
- Add cucumber, basil, and agave nectar to your cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to crush the cucumber and basil into the juices.
- Next, add gin, lime juice, sriracha, and the egg white into the shaker and give it a little stir. Add ice, put the lid on and shake really well until the outside of the shaker is super cold!
- Strain into cocktail glass, add ice cube, and option to garnish with cucumber slices and fresh basil.