This Spicy Almond Butter Chicken with Broccolini is beyond easy and super flavorful. It was one of those weeknight meals that I quickly threw together one night and it ended up being a family favorite. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and is healthy and oh so delicious.
This dish is perfect for busy weeknights because it can be whipped up in a jiffy! It’s also perfect for two-three people, which is great. However, if you are cooking for more than that, this recipe is very easily doubled.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, most definitely! This is a great dish for meal prep because it can be made ahead of time and keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days. It also re-heats very nicely! I like to store in my glass meal prep containers in the fridge and simply pop in the microwave just before serving. One thing to note: this recipe only serves 2, so I would suggest doubling it if you are prepping for lunches.
Other recipes to try!!Print
Spicy Almond Butter Chicken with Broccolini
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
For the chicken:
- 1– 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 T coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 T honey
- 1 T sriracha
- 2 T creamy almond butter
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
For the broccolini:
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper
For the bowls:
- Jasmine rice, for serving (can sub cauliflower rice)
- Sesame Seeds, as garnish
- Chopped scallions, as garnish
- Chili garlic sauce, for serving, optional
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, fish sauce, honey, sriracha, creamy almond butter, hoisin sauce, coconut oil, garlic powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes if you have time.
- Prep broccolini and garlic and set aside.
- Next, heat up a few T olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden, lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate on the side.
- Add a little more oil if necessary then add broccolini, coconut aminos, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until bright green and slightly tender. Add chicken back to skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve warm with rice of choice, sesame seeds, scallions, and chili garlic sauce.