Although I can’t take credit here, these Smoked Salmon & Brie Crostini’s are the simplest and most delicious appetizer of all time and had to be shared with you all. Imagine toasted baguette slices topped with brie and smoked salmon, then baked to melty perfection.
This is a Cola family recipe that we learned while in Italy a few summers ago, and they’ve been a favorite ever since. Alessandro’s adorable cousin Lucia would make these for us, and we all were swooning over them.
I love how simple Italian cooking is, yet it’s some of the most delicious food in the world. I had to double confirm with Lucia that the ONLY things needed were:
- a baguette
- olive oil
- smoked salmon
Because, well, that’s way too simple to be THIS delish, I tell ya. But, for real, that is A L L you need. I’ve had so many people ask me about these, and when I tell them it’s just a piece of toasty bread with brie and smoked salmon, the are instantly into it. These bites of deliciousness are such a great appetizer to serve at your next dinner party and will no doubt be a huge hit.
If you make them, please oh please let me know what you think and tag #tippsinthekitch.
I absolutely love seeing your creations. Cheers and Happy Sunday!Print
- 1– 12 inch baguette, sliced into 3/4 inch rounds at a diagonal
- Olive oil
- 12 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 lb soft Brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway.
- Top each crostini with a slice of Brie followed by a slice of smoked salmon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until Brie is melted and Salmon slightly cooked.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.