Skillet Chicken Parmesan For Two: tell me about it would YA?
WOOP WOOP- Big things are happening over here in the Cola household, Guys! Alessandro just confirmed this dish has upped the charts and is now in the #1 spot!
Not only does that make me extremely happy, but it also means I just scored majorrrrrrr brownie points. Oh, how so many things come to mind, thank you Chicken Parm.
I can honestly say, this Chicken Parm is without a doubt the most delicious Chicken Parm i’ve ever had. (How many times can I say Chicken Parm in this post?)
Let me just start with the tomato sauce–we aren’t talking complicated and we most definitely aren’t talking jarred stuff. We are talking simple, fresh, and crazy good.
Just heat up some oil in a saucepan, add the tomatoes and cook until they are bursting and soft. Mash with a potato masher or fork, add the remaining ingredients and simmer simmer simmer. See? You’ve so got this!
Now, heat up some more oil in a large cast iron skillet. After dunking each chicken breast into the egg then into the breadcrumb mixture, add to hot skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side, then transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is golden and a little crispy. Remove from oven and cover the tops and sides with your homemade tomato sauce, followed by sliced mozzarella. Transfer back to the oven for another 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve over a bed of arugula and garnish with fresh basil.
Are you hungry yet?
This is the perfect meal for entertaining because it’s easy and BEYOND yummy. I served it with a side of Cacio e Pepe and toasted garlic bread and it was absolutely perfect!Print
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 T grated parmesan
- A few slices of fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Basil for topping
- Fresh Arugula, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add tomatoes and toss them around. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until tomatoes are blistered and soft.
- Using a fork or potato masher, carefully mash the tomatoes until a sauce forms.
- Add remaining ingredients and give it a stir. Reduce heat and simmer until you’re ready to serve, removing the bunch of basil right before.
- In a mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat a few T of olive oil in a large Cast Iron Skillet.
- One at a time, dip each chicken breast into the egg, allowing excess to fall off before dipping into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure both sides of the chicken are evenly coated.
- Transfer each breaded chicken breast to the skillet and cook for two minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and cook an additional 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken, if they are thinly sliced 10 minutes is perfect)
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and spoon the tomato sauce on top and around the chicken.
- Top with fresh parmesan & mozzarella slices and transfer back to the oven for about 7 more minutes, broiling the last 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
- Serve over a bed of arugula and garnish with fresh chopped basil.