This Simple Summer Pasta with Burrata is light, refreshing, delicious, and beyond easy to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need
All ingredients are simple and fresh which makes this recipe the absolute perfect pasta for summer
- Pasta of choice. (I love casarecce with this dish, however, feel free to use whatever you like! Angel hair, penne, rigatoni, etc.!)
- Grape tomatoes.
- Olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar.
- Minced garlic. Fresh is always best, but I won’t judge you if you use jarred. I have two young kids and totally get that convenience comes first!
- Fresh basil.
- Grated parmesan. Did you know you can finely grate your own parmesan by taking a block of fresh parmesan cheese and sticking it in your blender or food processor? Much better than the tub of store bought!
- Salt and pepper.
Here’s why you are going to absolutely love this summer pasta dish:
- It’s SO EASY. Aka, the perfect dish for lazy summer nights.
- It can be eaten HOT or COLD. When it’s hot outside, all we want is something light on the stomach and full of fresh summer produce. This dish can be eaten straight off the stove top, at room temperature, or even the next day straight out of the refrigerator. It’s not too heavy yet it’s incredibly satisfying.
- Only calls for a handful of ingredients. This is KEY in the summertime. Fresh, simple ingredients is all we need!
- Perfect for summertime entertaining! We all love entertaining friends in the summer, but no one wants to stand by a grill in the heat or slave away in the kitchen while our guests are drinking peril spritz’ by the pool. This dish can be made ahead of time for hassle-free entertaining, and trust me- your guests will LOVE it.
- This one is obvious, but its SO FLAVORFUL and DELICIOUS. I love Italian cooking because simple is always best! Fresh tomatoes paired with garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil is an award winning combination in and of itself. But when you add Burrata, forgetaboutit!!
How to make this easy summer pasta recipe
The very best part about this recipe is it’s insanely easy to make!
- Start by adding your sliced tomatoes to a medium sized mixing bowl along with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, fresh basil, and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine and set aside to let marinate for 20 minutes or so.
- Next, cook up your pasta according to the directions on the pasta (time varies depending what type of pasta you choose). When pasta is al dente, drain and then add back to the hot pot. Toss tomatoes in right away while pasta is still hot, add the grated parmesan and give it a good toss to combine. Serve in bowls topped with fresh burrata cheese along with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper.
I can assure you, this easy summer pasta recipe is just what you’ve been looking for. Filled with fresh tomatoes, basil, and burrata cheese. It’s so easy to make, bursting with flavor, can be enjoyed at room temperature or straight off the stove.
As always, if you tried this dish, a comment and star rating below is SO very appreciated! Thank you so much for the support and trying my recipes!!
Love Pasta? Try these delicious pasta recipes next!
- No-boil creamy baked pasta
- Easy Red Lentil Pasta Primavera
- One pot hatch Chile Mac and cheese
- One skillet cheesy chicken and broccoli orzo
- 5 Ingredient Creamy beef and shells
- 5 Ingredient Lemon Linguine
- Alessandro’s Spicy Rigatoni
- One Pot Hamburger Helper
Simple Summer Pasta with Burrata
This Simple Summer Pasta with Burrata is epically delicious. So easy to make and your guests will absolutely LOVE it. Fresh tomatoes, basil, and burrata- it doesn’t get much better!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb casarecce pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 1/2 lbs grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 8 oz fresh burrata
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to a medium sized mixing bowl. Give it a toss and set aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta per instructions on package until al dente. Drain pasta and then add back to pot. Immediately add marinated tomatoes to hot pasta and toss with parmesan.
- Serve in bowls with fresh burrata on top and a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper. Enjoy!!!
*The best part about this recipe is it can be eaten HOT or COLD. It’s delicious eaten right away but also the next day straight out of the fridge!!
Keywords: pasta, easy recipes, healthy recipes