Holy smokes, you guys.. this Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan is delish to the max and most definitely one for the books! I also love how easy and hands off it is. Once you bread the eggplant, it’s easy peasy from there. We bake these guys on a sheetpan the entire time and it yeilds a cripsy, cheesy, mouthwatering dinner without having to stand over the stove and pan fry each one.
Alessandro scarfed his down in a matter of minutes, and lets just say he isn’t the biggest eggplant fan so that’s really sayin’ somethin!
If you are in need of some meatless monday inspo or simply just a new weeknight dinner go-to, this is for you! I’m talking SO SO yummy, you won’t want it to end. Good news is, you’ll likely have leftovers so you can enjoy that goodness all over again the next day 😉
Eggplant Parmesan Made Easy! Made on one sheetpan, healthy, and something the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 c store-bought or homemade marinara
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Fresh Basil, for serving
- Start by placing sliced eggplant rounds in a single later onto a paper towel lined plate. Generously season both sides with salt and let it sit for 30 -40 minutes. This causes the eggplant to sweat and will pull out excess moisture and bitterness.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- After 30 minutes or so, take a paper towel and dab each piece of eggplant until dry.
- Get out three shallow bowls, and put your flour in one, eggs in the second, and panko, 1/3 c parmesan, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in the third.
- Take each piece of eggplant and lightly dredge in the flour, dip in the egg, followed by panko mixture. Place onto greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining eggplant. Spray the tops of the eggplant with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, flip them over, and bake another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 1-2 spoonfuls of marinara on each piece, followed by a tsp of grated parmesan and a few T of shredded mozzarella.
- Return sheet pan to the oven for another 12-15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- garnish with torn basil and dig in.