Light, refreshing, and so satisfying– these Salmon Cakes with Arugula Salad are a new favorite over here. We’ve made them 3 times in the last 2 weeks. The best part is they can be prepped ahead of time and eaten for lunch throughout the week. I like to keep a couple cans of salmon in my pantry at all times for meals like this. Easy to whip up, healthy, quick, and so delicious. I like to serve with an arugula salad with avocado and dijon vinaigrette. Seriously good!!
Can these Salmon Cakes be frozen?
Yes, absolutely! I would suggest freezing the salmon cakes prior to pan-frying them. Assemble into patties and then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and then transfer to the freezer (will last for up to 3 months in the freezer). I would suggest removing the salmon cake(s) from the freezer and allowing it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before frying.
Can these Salmon Cakes be baked instead of pan-fried?
Yes, of course! Just remember, pan-frying is what gets us that crispy, golden exterior and baking won’t yield those same results. If you do want to bake, however, I would suggest baking at 425 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, until they reach an internal temp of 160.
Other Reasons to try these Salmon Cakes with Arugula Salad!
- Easy to make (can even be prepped ahead and pan-fried just before serving!)
Other recipes to try!
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Mediterranean Pesto Orzo Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Skinny Chicken Salad
Salmon Cakes with Arugula Salad
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
For the Salmon Cakes:
- 2– 6 oz cans wild pink salmon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c panko breadcrumbs
- 2 T grated parmesan
- 2 T mayo
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- Zest of 1/2 lemon + juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
For the Salad:
- 6 c Arugula
- 1 large haas Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 2 T dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- To make the salmon Cakes: combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, form into 6 patties. Heat a few T avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon cakes and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to cool.
- To make the salad: Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon Mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl until creamy. Add arugula, avocado, and salmon cakes to serving bowls. Drizzle with dijon vinaigrette and enjoy!!