First of all, happy Friday! I haven’t quite gotten back to reality just yet.. I’m only working one day and what do ya know, it’s already the weekend! These Roasted Veggie Mediterranean Bowls are a new fave of mine. I used Broccoli and Cauliflower here, however, I already know the possibilities are endless and cannot wait to create another one!
They are also really quick and easy.. simply get those veggies roasting and while they are in the oven, prep the other ingredients and assemble the bowls. Once the veggies are done, add them to the bowls and GO. You could absolutely add in any other veggies if you’d like, it will only enhance the flavor.
I’ve been making these for dinner, however, it would be a great option for lunch meal prep also. Store the pita separately, though so it doesn’t get soggy.Print
Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Mediterranean Bowls
FOR THE VEGGIES:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 c Broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 c Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
FOR THE BOWLS:
- Cucumber, seeded and cut into chunks
- Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Grilled Pita bread
- Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss broccoli, cauliflower, and onion with oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto parchment paper and roast for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Assemble bowls with hummus, roasted veggies, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, fresh parsley, lemon wedges, and pita bread. Option to add in protein of choice!