This Roasted Beet Kale Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts is the absolute perfect fall salad. Crispy kale, perfectly roasted beets, creamy goat cheese, and toasty walnuts, all tossed in a super simple balsamic vinaigrette. YES PLEASE.
I love this salad SO much because, well, have you ever had roasted beets? I could eat the entire pan in one sitting if you let me.
They are one of those things that feel elegant but are truly so easy. And the end result is so darn tasty.
This salad is perfect for holiday’s, Thanksgiving, dinner parties, etc. because the Kale holds up so much longer than most other greens and gives it a nice crunch.
You can absolutely serve with Arugula, Spring Mix, etc., however, just keep in mind it will wilt pretty fast, so I would recommend assembling just before serving.Print
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 6 medium sized beets, any variety (I used a combination of golden and red beets)
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 6 c kale, chopped
- 4 oz fresh soft coat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c toasted walnuts
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets into 1-2 inch chunks. Arrange onto sheet pan, toss with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-45 minutes, tossing halfway, until beets are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by combing all ingredients in a mixing bowl or mason jar. Shake or whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place kale in a large serving bowl and drizzle with a few T olive oil. Using your hands, massage the kale for 30-45 seconds; set aside.
- To assemble, top kale with roasted beets, walnuts, and goat cheese. Add vinaigrette as desired. Enjoy!!