Fun and Festive Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball! An easy and delicious make-ahead halloween appetizer.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boursin Cheese Round. I used the shallot and chive version, however, the garlic and herb would be delicious as well!
- Salted butter. Unsalted would work as well, just add a pinch of salt to the cheese ball mixture.
- Grated parmesan.
- Sharp white cheddar cheese. I prefer to buy a high quality block of white cheddar and grate it myself. Good Cheese makes a difference in this recipe!
- Garlic. I prefer grating fresh garlic, however, you could always use garlic powder as well– about 1 teaspoon.
- Chives. I like using chives here, but you could always use parsley, dill, basil, etc!
- Nacho cheese chips. I used the Late July Brand, but anything orange and crunchy will work.
- Stem from a small pumpkin.
- Crackers, crostini’s, grapes, nuts, for serving.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- EASY- It can be made ahead. Who doesn’t love a make ahead appetizer? Especially one that only takes 10 minutes to make and is a crowd pleaser every time!
- Fun and festive for fall. I love festive appetizers and this one is just too cute. Bring it to your next fall gathering and I promise everyone will love it!
- Delicious! Who doesn’t love a garlicky herb ball of cheese? I know I do.
Other Appetizer Recipes to try!
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels sprouts with Hot Honey Dijon Sauce
- The Best Greek Layer Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
- Green Chile Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Mini Bell Pepper “nachos”
Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball
This Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is a really fun and festive Halloween appetizer. It can be made ahead for ease and is always a crowd pleaser!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 5.2 oz Boursin cheese round, softened (I used the shallot and chive but the garlic and herb would also be delicious)
- 3 T salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 6 oz sharp white cheddar cheese block, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crumbled
- Stem from a small pumpkin, optional but recommended!
- Crackers, crostini, grapes, nuts, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, softened Boursin, parmesan, garlic, white cheddar, and chives and mix until well combined.
- Form cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap; transfer to the fridge for an hour or overnight until firm.
- Add nacho chips to a large ziplock bag and crush with hands. Add to a plate; set aside.
- When you are ready to serve the cheese ball, roll the cheese ball in the crushed chips until completely covered. You will most likely need to use your hands to do this!
- Now, transfer cheeseball to your serving platter. Take the pumpkin stem and gently press it into the top of the cheese ball. You can go a step further and create pumpkin ribs by using a chopstick or back of a butter knife.
Keywords: Cheese ball, pumpkin shaped cheese ball