Well, I’m back from the Beautiful Bahamas and ready to get to business, starting with this Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad. Well, I’m sort of ready… I have major sea legs today.. 6 days on a boat will do that to ya! I honestly feel a little tipsy just sitting here right now but I’m definitely not.
Did I tell you we bought a house? I know I told you we were in the dreaded process, but we got one! It’s a fixer upper so let’s just say I’m beyond excited/nervous!!!! Mainly excited for the Kitchen plans because all I want/need in my life is a bright white kitchen to allow me to really get in there, ya know up close and personal with my delicious treats. This apartment life has been fun and all, but I’m ready to move on. I’ll keep you all posted with the progress!
Okay, enough about me, let’s talk about this new Springy/Summery Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad that’s absolutely perfect for picnics, pool parties, or just your average weekday lunch. It’s loaded with pistachios, kale, basil, feta, more pistachios, and lots and lots of pasta. That sure does scream picnic to me!!
Other Pasta Salad Recipes to try!Print
Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6–8 1x
FOR THE PESTO:
- 1/2 c pistachios
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 1 c Basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c Parmesan
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 1/2 c Tuscan Kale chopped
- 2 T olive oil, more if needed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 12 oz fusilli or pasta of choice
- 1 c Feta cheese
- 1/3 c pistachios, roughly chopped
- To make the pesto, add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package, drain, toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- To assemble the pasta salad, toss the cooked pasta with the pesto, chopped kale, lemon juice, feta, and pistachios. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 1-2 hours to serve chilled.