Pesto Crusted Cauliflower with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce. Oh.my.heavens. This, my friends is GOLDEN GOLD.
I could eat this entire head of cauliflower in one sitting. It’s seriously that incredible. The crispy pesto-y roasted cauliflower dunked in the creamy lemon dill yogurt sauce.
Talk about a flavor explosion in your mouth. Not to be weird or anything, it’s true.
I’ve been seeing whole roasted cauliflower all over the internet and in restaurants for quite some time now, and I honestly can’t believe I’m just now joining the group. Wow, just wow. I’m blown away.
This dish was inspired by a local restaurant in Dallas called Sixty Vines. I had their Pesto Crusted Cauliflower one night about a year ago and I’ve honestly had it on my list to re-create ever since.
You know those meals where you take a bite and immediately go “mmmmm”, take another bite, another “mmmmmmm”. again and again and again until it’s gone. That’s what this Pesto Crusted Cauliflower with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce is like for me.
How to roast a whole head of Cauliflower:
You’re in luck! Roasting a whole head of cauliflower is much more simple than it sounds and is so so SO delicious.
Here’s what’s about to go down:
- Wash and pat dry your Cauliflower
- Remove the leaves and most of the stem so that it sits flat. Be careful not to remove too much of the stem as we want the head of cauliflower to stay intact.
- Place Cauliflower onto a parchment lined baking sheet and rub generously with pesto, drizzle with olive oil, & season with salt and pepper.
- Pop in the oven! 425 degrees for about 45 minutes-1 hour, until a knife is easily inserted.
Now can we talk about the Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce for a minute?
Um, wow, hi my favorite sauce of all time. Where have you been all my life? But, really. I may or may not have been caught just eating it by the spoonful. It’s absolutely incredible.
Best part? Only a few simple and fresh ingredients needed!
- Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Dill
This is a dish you need in your life, and I’m talking AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It’s melt in your mouth delicious and something I will be making once a week over here.Print
Pesto Crusted Cauliflower with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves and stem removed
- 1/3 c pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Freshly shaved parmesan, for serving
For the Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- 3/4 c greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c fresh dill, chopped
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line Sheetpan with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry cauliflower. Remove outer leaves and most of the woody stem so that it sits flat. Be careful not to remove too much of the stem as we want the cauliflower head to remain intact. Set onto parchment paper.
- Rub pesto all over cauliflower, making sure to evenly coat and get in all crevices. Drizzle the top of the cauliflower with olive oil and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes- 1 hour, until a knife inserts easily.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the lemon dill yogurt sauce. Combine greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Transfer to fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven, and sprinkle the top with fresh parmesan. Serve warm with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce.