Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Skillet Recipe: The ultimate easy weeknight dinner recipe! Made in one skillet and great for the whole family (Kids included!)
This Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Skillet couldn’t be any easier! It’s made in one skillet using minimal ingredients (7 ingredients total) and is great for the entire family. My toddler gobbled this up!
Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 large chicken breasts, each one butterflied and then cut into “cutlets”– 4 cutlets in total.
- Garlic Powder
- Pesto– homemade or store-bought. I love making my own pesto, but recently have been loving the Vegan Kale and Cashew Pesto from Trader Joe’s. (#momlife)
- Marinara or pizza sauce– use whichever one you have or prefer!
- Fresh mozzarella cheese– you could sub shredded or sliced, but I prefer fresh so much more!
- Pepperoni’s— what would a pepperoni pizza chicken be without pepperoni? Large or small, whatever you prefer.
- Fresh basil, as garnish.
How do you make this Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Skillet?
First, get the oven preheated to 400 degrees. We will only sear the chicken on the stovetop for a few minutes, so it’s helpful to have the oven on and ready!
Next, you’ll want to season each chicken cutlet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add to your hot skillet (I prefer using my large Cast Iron Skillet) with a few tablespoons of olive oil and sear for just 1-2 minutes a side, until golden; remove from heat.
Top each chicken cutlet with pesto, marinara/pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni slices, then transfer to the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through. This time may vary depending on the size of your chicken.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately! I love serving with a big arugula salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette, but it would also pair well with a side of pasta and veggies.
I hope you love it! As always, if you make and love this recipe, a comment/review below is SO greatly appreciated! Thank you for being here! xo, Lindsay
OTHER EASY DINNER RECIPES TO TRY!
- One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- 5 ingredient Italian Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
- 5 Ingredient Easy Skillet Lasagna
- One Skillet Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Orzo
Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Skillet
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise into thinner chicken cutlets (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 3/4 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into rounds
- 6–8 slices of pepperoni, more if using smaller pepperonis
- Salt + Pepper
- Fresh basil, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise until you have two thinner “cutlets”. Season both sides generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a few T olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, just until golden. Remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto onto each piece of chicken, followed by marinara/pizza sauce, mozzarella slices, and pepperoni. Transfer to the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. (time may depend on the size of your chicken cutlets)
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!! I love serving with an Arugula salad with balsamic vinaigrette but would also pair well with roasted veggies and pasta!