Talk about starting the morning off with a bang! These PB & J Overnight Oats take less than 5 minutes to make, and are nutritious and delicious!
These PB & J Overnight Oats are a dream! I’m not going to lie, I’ve completely forgotten about overnight oats. Sometimes, I get in a groove and make the same things over and over, but it dawned on me yesterday as I was going through my pantry. Since we are all cooped up during this Covid-19 quarantine, I’m making a strong effort to use things I already have. And let me tell ya, I’m very happy about it because it reminded me how INCREDIBLE overnight oats are.
I simply tossed everything (except the jelly) in a large mixing bowl, gave it a big stir, divided it among 4 small glass jars, and popped it in the fridge for the night! Yep, it’s that easy.
Are you supposed to eat overnight oats hot or cold?
Honestly, that is completely up to you! I personally like mine a little warm, so I pop it in the microwave for 45-60 seconds, then add my toppings and dig in! In this case, it’s more melty peanut butter, a dollop of jelly, and sliced banana. Feel free to add whatever you’d like on top!Print
PB & J Overnight Oats
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: Overnight
- Total Time: -26432390.55 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 c old fashioned oats (sub gluten oats for GF eaters)
- 2 c milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any milk will work)
- 1/3 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 T maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen protein (optional)
- Jam and additional peanut butter, for serving
- Banana slices, for serving, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, and protein powder. Stir together until well combined and creamy. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to let the oats really soak up the milk.
- Divide the mixture amongst your glass jars, cover, and store in the fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, microwave for 45-60 seconds, then top with additional peanut butter and jelly. Option to add sliced banana on top.