Orange Almond Kale and Quinoa Salad with Avocado – Kale salad tossed with a creamy sesame miso dressing. My favorite lunch salad! Also a great dinner starter salad or entree salad served with pan seared salmon or grilled chicken.
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 large haas avocado, cubed
- 1– 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1– 2 oz package sliced almonds
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/3 c rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T miso paste
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1 T agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add quinoa and water to a medium sized sauce pan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients to your blender; blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine kale, green onions, oranges, almonds, avocado, and quinoa.
- Toss with dressing and serve! *See notes
*Salad will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.