Onion Dip!!! This is one of my all time favorite appetizer go-to’s. Talk about crowd pleaser, why don’t ya.
Seriously, it’s so good and always always always a crowd pleaser. I brought this to Alessandro’s family Thanksgiving a few years ago, and not only have I been required to bring it every year since, I also bring it to every other family gathering there is.
It’s really simple to prepare, and you can do it ahead of time if you’d like. Just place the cheesy onion mixture in your baking dish and place covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. It also travels really well if you have a short drive ahead of you.
If there’s ever a time you can’t think of what to bring, this is an easy go to, and you can count on it being devoured. I like to serve with triscuits or tortilla chips, but any cracker assortment works, too!Print
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 1/2– 4 c Shredded cheese (assortment of your choice) Cheddar, Italian blend, swiss, gruyere- you can’t go wrong and I usually combine together).
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- preheat oven to 400 and grease 11 x 14 baking dish.
- combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish, and bake for 40-45 minutes until brown and bubbling.
- serve with tortilla chips, triscuits, or whatever sounds good to you!