This One Pot Spicy Italian Sausage and Orzo Soup is loaded with vegetables, super easy to make, and oh so cozy. Not to mention SO delicious.
As the temperatures start to cool off, I love making big pots of soup to cozy up with. Fall is by far my favorite time of year.
Soups, sweaters, fires, all of it. Cool enough to bundle up, but not too cold to enjoy the outdoors. Just the best.
This soup is made in just one pot, ready in under 30 minutes, and a dish the whole family will love! It’s loaded with vegetables, is warm, comforting, and absolutely delicious!Print
Spicy Italian Sausage and Orzo Soup
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage (bulk)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini squash, ends removed, quartered
- 8–10 baby carrots, sliced into coins
- 1 c dried orzo
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4–5 handfuls fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Add a few T olive oil to your Dutch Oven or large stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of your spoon, until fully cooked through. Drain excess grease, if there is any.
- Add onion and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes, until onions are soft and garlic fragrant.
- Now add diced tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, orzo, carrots , broth, and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes so orzo doesn’t get stuck to the bottom, until everything is cooked.
- Adjust salt and pepper, and add fresh spinach. Stir until wilted.
- Serve in bowls with parmesan. Enjoy!!!