One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe: an ultra cozy, comforting, and delicious soup perfect for Fall.
Soup Season is honestly all year round for me, but I understand that for most people it’s when the weather starts to cool off, the leaves start changing, and football is on the tv. Whether you are feeling under the weather or just wanting something healthy, delicious, and warming- This One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup is for you.
Filled with tender chicken and veggies, garlic, lemony broth, orzo, and spinach- it’s light and refreshing, yet super filling and satisfying.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DEXAS
I truly make soup any chance I get. I think I love making soup so much because there’s no need to overthink the cooking process, and I’m pretty certain I won’t mess it up. Simply toss everything into a large stock pot (I always use my Le Creuset Dutch Oven), and call it a day.
If you need to adjust it in any way, i.e. add more spices, broth, etc., it’s easy no matter where you are in the cooking process.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Olive oil
- Yellow Onion
- Chicken Broth
- Dried Orzo
- Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper
I typically use boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and cook them right in the soup, however, you can use pre-cooked/rotisserie chicken if you’d prefer. That will also cut down on the cook time to make this soup an extra quick one pot wonder!!
I’ve been loving my Dexas fruit boards lately, especially this super cute lemon one!! I love them because they are the perfect size, are dishwasher safe, double as a serving/cutting board, and just really great to have around!
They would make a really great hostess gift paired with a cute hand towel and a candle or something like that!
OTHER SOUP RECIPES TO TRY!!
- Zuppa Toscana– one of the most popular recipes on the blog!!
- Spicy Italian Sausage and Spinach Tortellini Soup – also a major FAN FAVE!
- Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup– so cozy and delicious!
- One Pot Tomato Basil Soup– always a good idea!
One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 celery ribs, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5–6 cups chicken broth, more as needed
- 1 cup dried orzo
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, more or less to taste
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat. When oil it hot, add onion, carrots, celery, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 60 seconds or so, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth, chicken, and spices, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add orzo to the pot and increase heat to medium high; cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Shred or dice chicken and add back to the pot, along with lemon juice, fresh spinach, and parsley. Adjust salt and pepper and serve!!