One Pot Detox Cabbage Soup– Healthy, hearty, and extremely tasty.
This soup is a gluten-free, vegetarian soup loaded with so many healthy and nutritious things. It’s perfect for a quick reset after the holidays, a long vacation, or just a good excuse to load up on tons of veggies! It’s incredibly light on the stomach yet filling, satisfying, and so comforting.
It’s Whole30 approved, Gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian. It makes a big pot, but stores well in the fridge or freezer!
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredient list may seem long, but don’t let that intimidate you! The majority of the list is a lot of vegetables and spices.
- Yellow onion.
- Zucchini squash.
- Green bell pepper.
- Green beans.
- Fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Tomato sauce.
- Vegetable broth.
- Green cabbage.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Red pepper flakes.
How to make this easy cabbage soup
Making this soup is truly so quick and easy. The most time consuming part is chopping up all of the vegetables that will go in the soup. I suggest doing this first so that when you get started, you’re ready to rock and roll!
- Get out a large 5.5 qt dutch oven or large stock pot. If you don’t want to spend the money on a Le Creuset, this Dutch Oven on Amazon seems like great quality for a great price.
- Next, heat up 2 T olive oil and add onion and garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the celery, carrot, zucchini, bell pepper, okra, and green beans; cook for 5-6 minutes, or until veggies are slightly tender.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices; bring to a boil then reduce heat and add cabbage. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes (or longer if you have the time). The soup will thicken up as it simmers and the flavors will marry nicely!
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
I hope you love this healthy cabbage soup recipe! As always, a comment and review below is so greatly appreciated. It’s super helpful for me but also to other readers. Thank you so much!
Other Healthy Recipes to try!
- Spicy Watermelon Beet Salad with Avocado and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Easy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Easy Sheetpan Eggplant Parmesan
- Easy Red Lentil Pasta Primavera
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Orzo Skillet
One Pot Detox Cabbage Soup
This Detox Cabbage Soup is made in one pot, loaded with vegetables, healthy, and SO delicious.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini squash, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c sliced okra
- 1 1/2 c frozen green beans
- 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 c vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Fresh parsley as garnish, optional
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the celery, carrot, zucchini, bell pepper, okra, and green beans; cook for 5-6 minutes, until carrots are slightly tender.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices; bring to a boil then reduce heat and add cabbage. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
*If you would like to freeze this Cabbage Soup, simply let cool completely then transfer to airtight containers and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*If Okra is not in season, you can sub frozen okra or a different veggie (i.e. frozen peas, etc)
Keywords: cabbage soup, detox cabbage soup, soup, healthy recipes