This Nourishing Quinoa Vegetable Soup is the perfect soup to make when you’re feeling under the weather. It’s healthy, light, and loaded with nutrients!
With all of the crazy sickness still going around, I felt like we needed something ultra nourishing today. Sometimes, I just crave veggies. And when that craving hits, I need them and I need them NOW. This Nourishing Quinoa Vegetable Soup is just what the doctor ordered. It’s loaded with vegetables, bone broth for added nutrients & immunity, quinoa, and lots of anti-inflammatory spices like ginger, garlic, and turmeric.
This soup has 4 powerhouse cold-fighting ingredients! Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, and bone broth. Great for digestion, immunity, anti-inflammatory, and just all around nourishing and delicious. This soup is seriously so.damn.good! It would also be great for meal prep because it stores well and re-heats like a champ.
Do I have to use Zucchini and Yellow Squash?
Of course not! That’s the fun part about soups- they are completely customizable to what you like. You could sub broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, so many options.
Other easy soup recipes to try!
- Zuppa Toscana
- Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Lemon Chicken Detox Soup
- 5 Ingredient Roasted Asparagus Soup
Nourishing Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 celery stalked, halved and sliced
- 1 zucchini squash, quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, quartered
- 1–15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1–15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c dried quinoa
- 6 c chicken bone broth (could sub veggie broth)
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed and roughly chopped (could sub kale or spinach)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 c fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and butter in a large Dutch Oven or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini and squash, and cook another few minutes, until slightly tender.
- Now add tomatoes, broth, quinoa, and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Add rainbow chard and beans, and cook another few minutes until chard has wilted.
- Stir in parsley and lemon, and adjust salt and pepper at this time.
- Serve warm in bowls with fresh parsley.