Meet the new cool kid on the block: No-Boil Vegetarian Baked Ziti.
You heard me: NO BOILING required for this No-Boil Vegetarian Baked Ziti. Dreams are coming true left and right with this dish. Throw everything into the casserole dish including raw onion, garlic, bell pepper, un-boiled noodles and all! Toss it in the oven and wait for straight up magic to occur.
Day 3 of quarantine here in Dallas, and as much as I hope and pray things go back to normal soon, i’m soaking up the time with my family, and honestly cooking up a storm!! It’s funny what you can find in your pantry when you really dig deep. Clearly I’m married to an Italian… I found a box of ziti, couple boxes of penne, lasagna noodles, bow ties, banza chickpea shells, you name it.
I’m whipping up anything and everything my time will allow for, and I sure hope you enjoy. This dish is an ABSOLUTE winner. Must-make. Must-have. It’s so good, so easy, and Perfect for the whole family!
I decided to make this dish vegetarian, however, feel free to add any protein of choice: spicy Italian sausage, chicken sausage, ground beef or turkey. All are welcome.
On a side note, I am absolutely LOVING my new Dexas Silicone Oven Mitts— They are the best because there is absolutely zero risk of getting burnt! Has that happened to you all? You go to pick up a hot pan out of the oven with a good ole cloth pot holder, and WOW. You straight up got burnt THROUGH the pot holder! That’s annoyingly happened to me a few times, which is why I love these silicone ones from Dexas. They are heat proof, easy to clean, easy to store, and I always love a pop of color!
Other easy pasta recipes to try!
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Sausage and Rainbow Chard Penne
- 5 Ingredient Ground Turkey Red Lentil Penne
- Instant Pot Bolognese
- Spicy Tomato and Spinach Linguine
No-Boil Vegetarian Baked Ziti
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 c yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz ziti pasta
- 1/4 c melted ghee (can sub butter)
- 26 oz jarred marinara of choice
- 2 c milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 1/2 c fresh spinach
- 1/3 c + 3 T grated parmesan
Add-in’s for the meat lovers:
- Spicy Italian sausage
- Chicken sausage
- Ground beef
- Ground turkey
- preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9×14 casserole dish.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, and spices to the base of the dish, followed by uncooked pasta, melted ghee, marinara sauce, and milk. Give it a good stir until everything is combined. Cover with foil, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove foil, fold in spinach and top with grated parmesan. Increase temp to 475 and bake another 5-6 minutes or so, until spinach is cooked and cheese is golden and bubbling.