This No-Boil Creamy Baked Pasta comes together so effortlessly with very minimal ingredients and is the perfect weeknight dinner!
Toss your favorite uncooked pasta, olive oil, jarred marinara, heavy cream, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper together in a greased casserole dish and pop in the oven! We’ll finish it off with a little mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and call it a night.
You will be completely blown away by how easy and delicious this No-boil creamy baked rotini recipe is. All you have to do is stir the ingredients together in a greased casserole dish, cover with foil, then pop in the oven. It’s 99% hands off and comes out perfectly every single time.
The ingredients needed for this easy pasta bake are:
- Pasta (I love rotini in this recipe, however, you could also sub any other short cut pasta of choice; i.e penne)
- Marinara sauce (I love Rao’s marinara sauce)
- Heavy cream– trust me on this one!
- Red Pepper Flakes– you can omit or add less if you don’t like spicy, but it adds a really nice kick!
- Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese– I prefer using a combination of mozzarella and parmesan here. It’s melty and so flavorful!
- Optional items: fresh garlic (if you have on hand, why not throw a few cloves in there) Parsley, for serving (not absolutely necessary, but If you happen to have some, I like to top just before serving).
When it comes to preparing this dish, don’t worry about cooking the pasta ahead of time. Simply add uncooked pasta to a greased casserole dish along with a little olive oil, marinara, heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes, and water.
Toss it all together until everything is coated and nicely incorporated. Cover with foil and pop in the oven! Couldn’t be easier!
Quick note: Make sure to stir the pasta halfway into the cooking time to ensure the pasta doesn’t get stuck together. Other than that, it’s totally hands off and a great dinner for the entire family.
If you make and love this dish, a review and comment below is always SO very appreciated! Thank you so much for being here! xo, LindsayPrint
No-Boil Creamy Baked Pasta
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 lb rotini (or any other short cut pasta, penne, fusilli, etc)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1–24 oz jar marinara (I love using Rao’s)
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Fresh parsley, as garnish, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and grease large casserole dish.
- Add uncooked pasta, olive oil, marinara, heavy cream, water, red pepper flakes, garlic (if using), salt, and pepper directly to casserole dish and toss to combine until everything is evenly coated and well incorporated.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese and bake uncovered an additional 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with a big salad!