The BEST no-bake Lactation bars! Full of protein and all of the things that help boost milk supply!
I seriously live off of these lactation bars while breastfeeding! Not only are they so delicious, I truly felt like they helped. It’s sometimes hard to tell what is and isn’t helping your milk supply since so many things can affect it, but I personally saw a difference after eating these and they are beyond delicious none-the-less!
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I’d been making for awhile– Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars from Monique over at Ambitious Kitchen. I simply used that recipe, adjusted a few things and added in the brewers yeast– the infamous milk boosting ingredient!
Can I still eat these No-Bake Lactation Bars if I’m not breastfeeding?
One million percent!! My husband devours these every time I make them. The brewers yeast is not harmful and will not make you lactate, lol, however, if you are making them and don’t need that to be in there, simply leave it out. But, if you made them for a friend and want to have one, go for it!!
On a side note and in relation to nursing– one of my friends wrote and illustrated the cutest book called boobies are for babies— didn’t she do the best job?? >>This would make a super cute gift for a mom to be, new mama or for yourself!! It’s just really relatable and a fun idea. You could pair the book with these lactation cookies and drop off for a little surprise! Coming from a new mama, I know that would make anyone feel special!!
How long do these last?
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days! I hope they help and I hope you love!! You could also try these No-Bake Lactation Bars– they are also SO delicious!Print
No-Bake Lactation Bars
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 10 1x
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/3 c ground flaxseed meal
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 T brewers yeast (this is the one I used)
- 1/2 c favorite protein (I used vanilla)
- dash of salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Maldon sea salt, for topping, optional
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, flaxseed meal, vanilla, brewers yeast, and protein powder.
- Stir it all up until well combined, and then press evenly into loaf pan.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, heat up chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Pour on top of mixture in loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and transfer to the fridge to harden for 20-30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!!