OKAY, guys and gals: let’s talk. This Mushroom Leek Orecchiette in White Wine Butter Sauce is magical. And easy. And Light and refreshing and delicious.
This was a meal that came together with the few items I still had in my fridge on a lovely Friday evening. I pulled out some leeks and mushrooms and went to town.
This dish is Oh so simple, my friends. It can easily be prepared in less than 30 minutes, and is perfect for the whole family. It also makes great leftovers might I add. This is a vegetarian dish, however, feel free to add protein of choice. It would pair perfectly with shrimp, chicken, or even sausage. YUMMMMMMMERS.Print
Mushroom Leek Orecchiette in White Wine Butter Sauce
This Mushroom Leek Orecchiette in White Wine Butter Sauce is simple and oh so fresh! Makes for a perfect weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 1/2 T Ghee
- 1 T Olive oil
- 2 leeks, pale-green and white parts only, halved and sliced thinly
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz orecchiette
- 2/3 c white wine
- 2 T butter
- 1 c parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 c asiago, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A few large handfuls of fresh arugula
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook those noodles until al dente. Strain and toss with olive oil; set aside.
- Heat up ghee and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the leeks and mushrooms and saute for 4-6 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cherry tomatoes, and saute another minute or two.
- Pour in the white wine and let simmer for a few minutes until it has reduced in half. Add in butter, salt, and pepper and toss together.
- Add cooked pasta to pan along with parmesan, asiago, and freshly cracked pepper; toss to combine.
- Throw in a few handfuls of fresh arugula and toss together.
- Serve immediately in bowls with another sprinkle of fresh parmesan.