Raise your hand if you love football season. Raise your other hand if you love all the delicious treats that come along with football season… Or should we call it snack season?
I love snacks, and i’m not ashamed to say it.
These Chorizo Stuffed Peppers are not only cute and colorful, they are really tasty and super easy to prepare! Simply place the halved peppers cut side up on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Saute your onion and garlic for a few minutes until fragrant, then add your chorizo, jalapeño, and spices to the pan; continue to stir, breaking up until chorizo is cooked all the way through. Squeeze in the lime juice and stir to combine. Scoop mixture into each pepper half, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve! If you are looking for a vegetarian option, you could substitute the chorizo for black beans and corn.
Easy, right? You can totally handle it, and I can promise you and your guests will love them! There is just something about bite-sized finger food that gets everyone excited.Print
Jalepeno Chorizo Mini Game Day Peppers
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 25 Chorizo Bites 1x
- 2 T Olive oil
- 12–14 sweet mini peppers, seeded and halved lengthwise
- 1 lb pork chorizo
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and diced finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 c shredded mexican cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 and place halved peppers cut side up onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet.
- When oil is hot, add onions and garlic; saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add chorizo, jalapeño, and spices to the pan; stir constantly, breaking up until cooked all the way through.
- Stir in lime juice, and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into each pepper, sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.